Not my will, but Yours be done.

We get very caught up in our own wills. I know I have. God gives us free will. He gives us the choice to choose. What a gracious gift! It really proclaims His ultimate love for us.
But sometimes, I often wish that He didn't give us free will. It can make it so much harder to follow Him completely.
Though God grants us free will, He beseeches us to die to self, die to our own will and follow His will.
1 Peter 4: 1-2 says,
"Therefore, since Christ suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same mind, for he who suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh for the lusts of men, but for the will of God."
And the last verse in the same chapter, verse 19, says, "Therefore let those who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls to Him in doing good as to a faithful Creator."
There are so many other great verses on our will and God's will, that I could go on with them. But I think that might get a little overwhelming. :) Anyway.
The will of God should be our will too.
"But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count then as rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death." (Philippians 3: 7-10)

Pride often gets in the way of giving our will to our Lord; admitting to our Savior that we were wrong, and sinful in His eyes, and His will for us.
"Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall. Better to be a humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide to spoil with the proud." (Proverbs 16: 18-19)
We want to have our own will, to have our own rights, because after all, "It's only fair!"
But when we think about it, in the grand scheme of things, what will it do for us when we die? When we come before our Lord, will He say to us, "Well done good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord." (Matt. 25: 23)
Or did we let our pride and will get the better of us?
What does this life matter to us? Why do we care so much on how we look, who we are on our own, and how many friends we can have? Should not Christ be our main identity and our only? Wouldn't you rather be picked out of a crowd  because of your identity of a obedient follower of our King?
"What is this life, if not for Me? What is it worth? I came that you may have life and that you may have it more abundantly. Why do you quiver in fear and pain, when I Am the light, life, and salvation? What is your life to you, if it is not for Me? Where would your joy be, if not in Me? What is the worth of life, if not to bring glory to your King? What is this life to you, when it is not for you; but for Me? Live for Me My child, and grow in Me. I will strengthen you and uphold you with My righteous right hand. There is no fear in Me. There is no pain in Me. Run into My outstretched arms. They are always open to you, My dear one. Because, what is life to you, if it is not for Me? It is nothing."
(Words from God.)

How important will we let our own will and self-gain become to us?
We are in a battle; a spiritual one. And we cannot turn a blind eye to it any longer. Give up all to God, and He will give all to you.

0 Responses So Far...Care to Share?: